Quality and Service
Erie Steel, Ltd. operates under sound and proven business principles. We provide our customers with work of the highest quality, quickly and reliably, for a competitive price. Our responsiveness and our ability to anticipate and address the needs of our customers sets us apart from our competitors. We provide a total team effort to ensure that your goals are met. Since its inception in 1961, Erie Steel, Ltd. has operated with this philosophy. Our growing and diverse client base is a good indication of our success.
- Automotive Components - OEM and Aftermarket
- Construction Equipment
- Material Handling and Conveying Mechanisms
- Mechanics Hand Tools
- Military Transport Vehicle Components
- Structural Fabrications
Technology and Capabilities
Erie Steel Treating is continually investigating, evaluating and applying new technological advancements as they develop in heat processing. Our customers benefit from this policy through our increased efficiency and improved service.
Heat Treating Services
Erie Steel Treating offers a wide variety of heat treating processes designed to accommodate both the large-volume production run manufacturer and the occasional heat treat user. Our services include:
- Annealing - Atmosphere - Full - Solution - Spheroidizing
- Carbo - Nitriding
- Carburizing - Production and Specialized Runs
- Car Bottom - Annealing - Normalizing - Stress Relieving
- Flame Hardening
- Induction Hardening and Tempering
- Neutral Hardening
- Straightening - Presses to 150 Ton
- Stress Relieving
- Tool and Die Hardening- From the smallest pin to the largest ring, plug or shaft, all tools and dies are handled with the care they deserve with turn-around, in most cases, usually less than 24 hours. We specialize in hot work die casting and forging dies - any shape or size.
- Vacuum Hardening
- Ferritic Nitrocarburizing
We also offer atmosphere batch hardening, carbo-nitriding and carburizing for lengths up to 72". Our car bottom furnaces are ideal for normalizing and/or annealing large volume lots of castings or forgings, and for stress relieving fabrications up to 24 in length.